The Libyan National Army of Khalifa Haftar announced that it freed nearly 20 people who were kidnapped by ISIS terrorists in central Libya, like reported by aawsat.com.
Spokesman Ahmed al-Mesmari said Tuesday that clashes erupted late Monday between LNA forces and ISIS militants in Ghadwua village, 70 kilometers (43 miles) from the southern city of Sabha.
A military official said at least 21 people were kidnapped from the towns of al-Fuqaha and Tazerbu last month, reported The Associated Press.
Two of them managed to flee and reported the locations of the others. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief media.
He said ISIS was holding the remaining 19 people in containers on farmland and that clashes killed a soldier.